Long Arm Services
We will work with you to help you choose the designs and quilting thread that will
turn your quilt top into a treasured heirloom.
Edge to Edge (pantograph/all over)
A single pattern is used on the entire quilt top. Many designs are available to enhance or compliment your quilt’s design.
Open Edge-to-Edge All Over Design -- $.02/square inchThread charge: $6-12 total depending on density of your chosen design
You can estimate your quilting costs by multiplying your width measurement by your length measurement and multiplying by .02. For example: 60" x 70" quilt costs $84 (60 x 70 = 4,200) (4,200 x .02). This is the price for quilting. Batting and additional services are extra.
There is a $50 minimum charge
All backing must be at least 6" inches larger than the quilt top, on all 4 sides. If you send backing that is not large enough, I will not be able to load it to the long arm frame without adding additional yardage.
I trim all quilts. If you do not want your quilt trimmed, please let me know.
Is the responsibility of the client. We recommend sending your quilts via the US Postal Service using the flat rate boxes, these include tracking and $50 insurance in the fee but you can add additional insurance if you'd like. You can also add additional insurance when we return your quilt, just let me know once we contact you that your quilt is done and ready to ship.
Preparing Your Quilt
- Press the quilt top and backing.
- Please trim all loose threads from the quilt top, on both sides. Dark threads will show through white fabric if not trimmed prior to quilting.
- Backing must be at least 6″ larger than the quilt top on top, bottom and both sides. This allows me to load your quilt properly to the frame. Any seams must be open and pressed.
- Mark the top of the quilt with a pin and post it note, do this for both the quilt top and the backing if your quilt is directional.
- For best results, quilt top & backing must be square. It cannot be properly loaded if it’s not square.
We prefer to use our batting as we want to achieve the very best stitch quality on your quilt.
We stock the following batting:
- Quilter's Dream 100% Cotton Select (mid loft) Natural and White
- Tuscany 100% Wool
- Warm & Natural 100% Cotton
- Machine binding is $30/hour
Fullness Disclaimer - Fullness and/or puckers within a quilt and its borders cannot be quilted out. We cannot guarantee that puckers and tucks won’t be sewn in. In some cases excessive fullness in borders may result in the quilt corners not being square. The flatter your quilt top is, the better the finished quilt will be.
Mechanical Disclaimer – Please be aware that sewing machines including longarm machines are mechanical devices. Although we do our utmost to ensure perfect results every time, on very rare occasions mechanical problems can occur which may cause minor damage to a quilt top and/or backing. We will do our very best to remedy the problem.